Course Webpages and webCHARLIE by Dr. Barker
Scroll down to see office hours and more.
|| Updated: Often
- CONTACTING DR. BARKER
- Campus Address, Phone, and Email
- Office Hours & Teaching Schedule
- DR. BARKER'S
- Classes and Labs
- Education and Research Interests
- Professional History
- Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Presentations and CSEMS ***Fix it.***
- USEFUL AND INTERESTING WEB PAGES
- Useful Web Addresses
- Really-Interesting Stuff
- Global Sustainability - The Story of Stuff
Dr. D. Steven Barker
Electrical Engineering Technology
Technology Building 123
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo State College
Buffalo, NY 14222
Office Phone: 716-878-6814
Technology Department Phone: 716-878-6017
Common Questions For The First Day Of Classes
Courses - Spring 2015
- ENT300, Analytical Methods, 3-hours lecture/week - 10:50 to 12:05 TR
- ENT462 & ENT462W, Control Systems II, 4.5-hours lecture and lab/week - 1:40-3:55 TR
- ENT342, Electrical Networks, 3-hours lecture/week - 5:00 to 6:15 TR
Other Courses Previously Taught by Dr. Barker
New Course Outlines
- ENT300, Analytical Methods, Independent study.
- TEC313, Statistical Quality Control , 3-hours lecture/week
- ENT313W, Computer Methods, 3-hours lecture and lab per week
- TEC314, Electro-Mechanics , 4.5-hours/week including lectures and labs
- ENT331, Electrical Circuits and Devices I, 2.25-hours lecture, 2.25-hours lab/week
- ENT332, Electrical Circuits and Devices II, 4.5-hours lecture or lab/week
- ENT335, Industrial Electronics , 4.5-hours/week including lectures and labs - 12:40 to 2:55 TR
- ENT341, Electronics, 4.5-hours lecture and lab/week
- ENT342, Electrical Networks, Independent study
- ENT361, PLCs, 4.5-hours lab and lecture/week (previously ENT495 and ENT497)
- ENT461, Control Systems I, 4.5-hours/week including lectures and labs - 9:50 to 12:05 TR
- ENT465 & ENT465W, Senior Design, 4.5-hours project work/week
- Associate Professor at Buffalo State College, since Fall 1999
- Assistant Professor at Buffalo State College, Fall 1995 to Spring 1999
- Industrial Experience: ten years in the aerospace industry in
Southern California designing and simulating satellite control
- Prior University Teaching Experience: five years at the University
teaching electrical engineering courses
- Prior Community College Teaching Experience: eight years in Wyoming
teaching physics and pre-engineering
- Degrees: BA Physics (1969), MS Physics (1972),
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (1984).
- Former member of ASEE and IEEE.
Current Interests in Education and Research
- Educational Interests:
- Preclass-Online quizzes (new Spring 2014) plus quizzes in class (new Fall 2014).
- "Flipping the Classroom" (new Spring 2013). Modeled by
Salman Kahn's Kahn Academy.
- Improving Algebra Skills of Engineering Technology Students using
- Educational Uses of Linux,
- MBTI Personality-Model Utilization,
- Global sustainability.
- Research Interests:
- Industrial Automation.
- PID Controller Tuning.
- Systems that promote global sustainability.
The web contains many MATLAB tutorials.
Use WebCHARLIE, Click on the Iceberg. --->
<---- See Course Webpages, Click on the Globe.